Baked Enchiladas Suizas
These chicken enchiladas Suizas are easy to make and great for a weeknight dinner. The creamy green salsa alone is wonderful! You can use homemade baked or boiled chicken or pick up a ready-made rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It all works. You can also sub the cheese with your favorite white melting cheese of choice.
Check out the recipe video and click the picture below!
PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE 👇🏼
1 lb (454 g) cooked chicken (shredded)
12 oz (340 g) Oaxaca cheese (shredded)
1 lb (454 g) tomatillos
1 large jalapeno
1/2 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
a handful of fresh cilantro (optional)
1/2 cup (118 ml) heavy cream
1/2 cup (118 ml) water (maybe less depending on fresh ingredients)
1 Tbsp (9 g) chicken bouillon powder
salt and pepper to taste
14 corn tortillas
1. First remove the outer husks and rinse the tomatillos. Be sure to leave the skin on the garlic cloves.
2. To a preheated pan with 2 Tbsp cooking oil, add the tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeño and sauté using a medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from pan, remove the skin from garlic and the stem from the jalapeño, then place all sautéed ingredients in a blender cup.
4. Add water, heavy cream, bouillon powder, cilantro and pureé well. Taste for salt, adjust seasoning and set aside until ready to use.
5. Quickly pass each corn tortilla in a pan with hot grease, to warm them through. This will make them soft and pliable.
6. Before rolling up the enchiladas, mix 1 cup of shredded cheese into the cooked shredded chicken.
7. Take a warm corn tortilla, add 2 to 3 Tbsp of chicken-cheese filling and tightly roll. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
8. After all 14 enchiladas are rolled up and placed in the baking dish, pour over the sauce, sprinkle a top layer of the remaining cheese and cover with foil.
9. Bake covered in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
10. Remove baking dish from oven and serve. Garnish with Mexican sour cream and enjoy!