EASY PIZZA DOUGH
Homemade pizza dough is a thing of beauty! The ingredients are simple and few. This is my favorite way to make pizza dough. This is great to start the night before and make the next day. The cold fermentation process really gives the dough light, chewy and crusty texture much like pizzeria-style crust.
Click the picture above for the YouTube video!👆🏼
EASY PIZZA DOUGH
by Angelica Faz Jung
3 cups (400 g) Caputo flour ( or all-purpose flour)
1 tsp fast acting dry active yeast
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup (236.5 ml) warm water (110°F / 43°C)
1. To a large bowl add flour, salt, yeast, and water.
2. Combine with a wooden spoon until dough ball forms.
3. Knead dough on a well floured surface for five minutes.
4. Coat the bowl with a tablespoon and a half of olive oil.
5. Place the dough ball back in the oiled bowl, loosely cover with cling film,
and proof in a non drafty place until double in size.
6. Once the dough is double in size, place dough on a well-floured work surface, press out the air and evenly half the dough.
7. Take each half and fold in half 6 to 8 times and form a dough ball for each.
8. Place each dough ball in separate oiled bowls, cover with cling film and set in the refrigerator for at least 6 to 8 hours. Overnight to 24 hours for best results. This is called cold fermentation and will yield a chewy, light and crusty texture to the dough.
9. Before using the dough, be sure to remove from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. This will make it easier to work with.
This recipe makes two 10-inch pizza crusts.
HOW TO BAKE
Once pizza dough is formed, place on a floured pizza peel, top with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice.
Bake in a preheated oven @ 500°F / 260°C on a preheated pizza stone for 10 minutes. Remove from oven when pizza has cooked and lightly charred on the edges. Enjoy!
PRINTABLE RECIPE 👇🏼