SLOW COOKER CARNE GUISADA
Slow cooker carne guisada is an easy way to make a tender South Texas style beef stew. I usually make this on the stovetop but using my Crock-pot is a no-fuss way to make this. Check out my YouTube channel for the step by step recipe video.
Slow Cooker Carne Guisada
2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) beef chuck roast
4.5 oz (127 g) crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 Tbsp (13 g) beef bouillon powder
1/2 small onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup water
4.5 Quart Crock Pot
1/3 cup (79 ml) cold water
5 Tbsp (45 g) all-purpose flour
1. In a 4.5 quart slow cooker add beef, crushed tomatoes, beef bouillon powder, onion, garlic, all seasonings, and water
2. In a cup, combine 1/3 cup cool water and flour to make a slurry
3. Add slurry to slow cooker ingredients.
4. Cover with the lid, set to high and cook for 5 to 6 hours. If set to low, cook for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
5. At 2 hours of cook time stir and mix then continue cooking until meat is tender.
6. This recipe makes at least 4 servings.