EASY BANANA PANCAKES
Check out my YouTube video!
Easy Banana Pancakes
1 medium to large banana
1 large egg
2 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
NOTE: You can also add 1 Tbsp of brown sugar.
The ripe banana is sweet so I left it out.
1 1/2 cups (195 g) all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder (13 g)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp coarse sea salt (use 1/2 tsp if using fine table salt)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1 1/4 cups (295 ml) buttermilk (or whole milk)
cooking oil for griddle
1. In a bowl mash a ripe medium to large banana
2. Add egg, cooking oil and vanilla extract to mashed banana and combine well
3. In the same bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, ground cinnamon, and start to mix
4. Now pour in buttermilk and combine ingredients
5. On a preheated griddle over low heat, add 1 Tbsp of cooking oil and lightly coat the surface
6. Pour one ladle of pancake batter onto griddle and cook over a low heat until air bubble form
7. Flip and continue cooking until pancake is cooked through
8. Repeat the process until the batter is gone
9. This recipe makes at least 8 medium pancakes
10. Serve with hot buttered syrup and enjoy!